USC Physical Therapy specializes in all types of orthopedic disorders, ranging from pain to weakness to stiffness and instability.
Our physical therapy treatments are in line with current practices and research and incorporate many different types of physical therapy, including hands-on manual therapy, therapeutic and functional exercise training, and movement retraining and pain management techniques.
Our clinics work comprehensively with USC Orthopedic Surgery, as well other major medical and orthopedic groups in the Greater Los Angeles area.
Every patient undergoes a thorough evaluation and physical examination conducted by one of our licensed physical therapists. A detailed physical examination and review of your medical history allows us to create a personalized plan of care for you based on your condition, goals and schedule.
Once your examination and evaluation have been completed, your therapist will help you understand your specific problem and explain your diagnosis and treatment plan.
USC Physical Therapy offers a broad array of physical therapy services to treat a number of orthopedic conditions and disorders including:
- Joint stiffness
- Balance/coordination problems
- Spinal/pelvic disorders
- Shoulder/elbow pain
- Knee pain
- Foot/ankle pain
- Complex musculoskeletal dysfunction
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
Our faculty are Doctors of Physical Therapy and most are either board certified orthopedic or sports clinical specialists. They are also involved in teaching and research within our physical therapy doctoral program, ranked first in the nation, and they have established local and national reputations as leaders in clinical physical therapy care.
- Max Barroso, PT, DPT, SCS
- Hilary Brown, PT, DPT, CSCS
- Daniel Cleland, PT, DPT
- Joseph Derian, PT, DPT
- Aimee Diaz, PT, DPT, SCS, ATC
- Jacquelyn Dylla, PT, DPT, OCS
- Janelle Gilmer, PT, DPT, GCS
- Marisa Hentis, PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS
- Patrick Huang, PT, DPT, CSCS
- Kelsie Kaiser, PT, DPT
- Yasuyuki Kasayama, PT, DPT, OCS
- Kenneth Kim, PT, DPT, CSCS, OCS
- Daniel Kirages, PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT
- Robert Landel, PT, DPT, OCS
- Justin Lantz, PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT
- Yogi Matharu, PT, DPT, OCS
- Brian McNeil, PT, DPT, OCS
- Lori Michener, PhD, PT, ATC, SCS, FAPTA
- Pamela Mikkelsen, PT, DPT, OCS
- Jennifer Okuno, MPT, GCS
- Shannon Plosser, PT, DPT, SCS, ATC, CSCS
- Kevin Reichel, PT, DPT
- Andrew Saldivar, PT, DPT, SCS
- Don Shimabukuro, PT, MPT, GCS
- Erica Sigman, PT, DPT, OCS
- April Spina, PT, DPT, OCS
- Jonathan Sum, PT, DPT, OCS, SCS
- Jena Van Loo, PT, MPT
- Kimiko Yamada, PT, DPT, OCS, ATC
- Mark Zipser, PT, DPT
Locations and Hours
Orthopedic rehabilitation is offered at the following locations:
- USC Physical Therapy at the Health Sciences Campus
- USC Physical Therapy at the University Park Campus