Many people experience dizziness, vertigo and balance problems during their lifetime. These symptoms may be a result of medications, heart problems, neuropathies and/or possibly something that has affected the vestibular system. A thorough evaluation is critical to identify what may be causing the symptoms and to develop the best treatment for an individual.
At USC Physical Therapy, our clinicians offer clinical expertise and advanced training in working with patients with dizziness, vertigo and balance problems. We use state-of-the-art technology, including infrared goggles and computerized dynamic posturography, to accurately evaluate and treat our patients.
We offer physical therapy services for the following dizziness, vertigo and balance-related disorders:
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)
- Unilateral vestibular loss (vestibular neuritis, labyrinthitis, acoustic neuroma)
- Bilateral vestibular loss
- Central vestibular dysfunction (from stroke, brain injury, multiple sclerosis)
- Migraine-associated dizziness
- Motion sensitivity or visually provoked dizziness
- Cervicogenic dizziness
Our physical therapists specializing in the treatment of dizziness and balance have clinical experience, advanced training (including the vestibular competency-based training courses or residency training) and are board-certified neurologic clinical specialists or orthopedic clinical specialists.
- Lisa Baek, PT, DPT
- Nora Darakjian, PT, DPT, NCS
- Carly Diller, PT, DPT, NCS
- Erin Fitzgerald, PT, DPT, NCS
- Lori Ginoza, PT, DPT, NCS
- Robbin Howard, PT, DPT, NCS
- Rob Landel, PT, DPT, OCS
- Jennifer Tanaka, PT, DPT, NCS
Location and Hours
Physical therapy for dizziness, vertigo and balance-related disorders physical impairments is offered at the following location:
Aging and Dizziness
Anxiety and Stress Dizziness
Bilateral Vestibular Loss
How Does the Balance System Work?
Persistent Postural-Perceptual Dizziness (3PD)
Physical Therapy and the VOR
Why see a PT for Dizziness?
Other Balance & Dizziness Patient Education Sheets