Concussions and post-concussion syndrome (PCS) can be debilitating disorders, and symptoms can significantly impact a person’s function. Our physical therapists work toward creating a comprehensive treatment program that addresses the cause of symptoms, reduces symptoms and educates patients on how to manage these symptoms to return to their desired activities.
Every patient receiving physical therapy from USC’s Concussion program receives a thorough assessment that helps us develop a personalized treatment plan. Our physical therapists conduct a detailed evaluation of your medical history and condition in order to use the most efficient and effective evidence-based physical therapy to improve your outcome.
The concussion program offers a broad array of physical therapy services to treat a number of conditions associated with post-concussion including:
- Acute concussion management
- Post-concussion syndrome
- Coordination training
- Dual task, multi-task training
- Oculomotor training
- Return to sport following concussion (acute or chronic)
- Upper cervical mobility, stability
- Vestibular training
The concussion program’s physical therapy team consists of board-certified neurologic, orthopedic and sports clinical specialists who treat a wide variety of disorders associated with concussion.
- Max Barroso, PT, DPT, SCS
- Nora Darakjian, PT, DPT
- Aimee Diaz, PT, DPT, SCS, ATC
- Lori Ginoza, PT, DPT, NCS
- Marisa Hentis, PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS
- Andrew Saldivar, PT, DPT, SCS
- Erica Sigman, PT, DPT, OCS
- Jonathan Sum, PT, DPT, OCS, SCS
Location and Hours
Physical therapy for concussion is offered at the following locations: