Adjunct Associate Professor of Clinical Physical Therapy
1540 Alcazar St., CHP 155, Los Angeles, CA 90089-9006
Sally Ho is an adjunct associate professor of clinical physical therapy who specializes in orthopedic conditions, chronic pain management, TMJ dysfunction, headache and facial pain, and wellness promotion.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, University of Southern California, 1997
- Master of Science, Physical Therapy, Medical College of Virginia, 1974
- Bachelor of Science, Physical Therapy, National Taiwan University, 1971
- Hsu, AT., Hedman T., Chang, JH. , Vo, C., Ho, L., Ho, S., Chang, GL. “Changes in Abduction and Rotation Range of Motion in Response to Simulated Dorsal and Ventral Translation Mobilization of the Glenohumeral Joint.” Physical Therapy 82 (6): 544-555, 2002.
- Hsu, AT., Ho, S., Ho, L., Hedman, T. “Joint Position During Anterior-Posterior Glide Mobilization: It’s Effect on Glenohumeral Abduction Range of Motion.” Archive of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation 81: 210-214, 2000.
- Hsu, AT., Ho, L., Ho, S. Hedman, T. “Immediate Response of Glenohumeral Abduction Range of Motion to a Caudally Directed Translational Mobilization: A Fresh Cadaver Simulation.” Archive of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. 81:1511-1516, 2000.
- Payton OD, Ho S, Meydrech, EF., “Adductor Digiti Quinti shuffleboard: A study in motor learning.” Arch. Phys. Med. Rehab. vol 57, April, 1976.
Published Books, Chapters & Monographs
- Ho, L, Ho, S., Manipulation of the Spine (in Chinese) Farterng Publishing Company, Taiwan, 2012.
- Ho, S., “Differential Diagnosis of Temporomandibular Disorder.” In: Devenport, D. ed. Diagnosis for Physical Therapists: A symptom-based approach. F.A. Davis Publishing Co. June, 2012.
- Ho, S., “The Temporomandibular Joint: Physical Therapy Patient Management Utilizing Current Evidence.” In Independent Study Course 21.2.5, Current Concepts of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy, 3rd Edition, APTA, La Cross, WI. 54601. Dec. 2011.
- Ho, S., The Temporomandibular Joint, in Differential Diagnosis in Orthopedic Physical Therapy (Chinese version). Farterng Publishing Company, Taiwan, 2011.
- Ho S., “Temporomandibular Joint,” in Placzek JD, Boyce DA. eds. Orthopedic Physical Therapy Secrets. 2nd ed. St. Louis, MO: Mosby Elsevier: 496-502. 2006.
- Ho S., “The Temporomandibular Joint: Functional Anatomy and Kinesiology.” In: Shellock FG, Powers CM. eds. Kinematic MRI of the Joints: Functional Anatomy, Kinesiology and Clinical Applications. CRC Press, Boca Raton, London , New York, Washington, D.C. 261-276. 2001.
- Ho S., The Spine- Basic Evaluation and Mobilization Technique. Original author: F. kaltenborn. Translated into Chinese. Ho-Chi Publishing Co. Taipei, Taiwan April 2001.