Assistant Professor of Clinical Physical Therapy
1540 Alcazar St., CHP 155, Los Angeles, CA 90033
Stephanie Woelfel practices at Keck Medical Center of USC, a faculty practice of the USC Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy. She treats both inpatients and outpatients in her specialty area of wound management, and is also one of the Center Coordinators for Clinical Education (CCCE’s) at Keck Hospital.
Dr. Woelfel has been a Board Certified Wound Specialist (CWS) for 15 years and is a Fellow in the American College of Clinical Wound Specialists.
She is active in the American Physical Therapy Association and recently co-authored a white paper for the Academy of Clinical Electrophysiology & Wound Management on “The Role of Physical Therapists in Wound Management.” She also serves as APTA’s liaison to the National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (NPUAP).
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, College of Saint Scholastica, 2015
- Masters of Physical Therapy, Marquette University, 1999
- Honors Bachelor of Arts, Marquette University, 1997
- January 2017 – Academy of Clinical Electrophysiology and Wound Management white paper. “The Role of Physical Therapists in Wound Management: An Update.”
- November/December 2014 – “Appropriate Reporting of G-Codes& C-Modifiers by Therapists Who Treat Chronic Wounds” in Today’s Wound Clinic 8 (9).
- Spring 2010 – Wound Healing Alternatives in Management, Fourth Ed. – Chapter Author.
- November 2006 – “The AAWC Conceptual Framework of Quality Systems for Wound Care” Ostomy Wound Management 52(11): 57-66.