Adjunct Instructor of Clinical Physical Therapy
1540 Alcazar St. CHP155, Los Angeles, CA 90033-9260
Outside of her teaching duties at USC, Dr. Sara Peterson practices at Phoenix Children’s Hospital in Phoenix, Ariz., and treats children of all ages in the outpatient, acute and critical care settings. She specializes in treating children with cardiac conditions, although she treats patients with a variety of diagnoses. She is a board-certified clinical specialist in pediatric physical therapy and a member of the Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy, a section of the American Physical Therapy Association.
Dr. Peterson teaches in the DPT@USC hybrid program in the Lifespan Motor Control course in the second year. She is also a certified clinical instructor working with primarily third year physical therapy students completing a pediatric clinical rotation.
- Pediatric Physical Therapy Residency, University of Southern California, 2016
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, University of Southern California, 2015
- Bachelor of Arts, Health Science, Whitworth University, 2012
- Peterson S, Sargent B, Su J, Szmuszkovicz J, Johnson R. Exercise capacity following pediatric heart transplantation: a systematic review. Pediatric Transplantation. 2017;e12922.
- Peterson S, Bennett A, Sargent B. Commentary on “Changes in motor development during a four-year follow-up on children with univentricular heart defects.” Pediatr Phys Ther. 2016;28:452.