Stephanie Woelfel, PT, DPT, CWS, FACCWS
Assistant Professor of Clinical Physical Therapy & Surgery
1540 Alcazar St., CHP 155,
Los Angeles, CA 90033
Dr. Stephanie Woelfel is an assistant professor of clinical physical therapy with a dual faculty appointment in the Department of Surgery at USC. She is also the director of clinical physical therapy for hospital outpatient services at Keck Medical Center of USC and serves as the primary physical therapist in the Southwestern Academic Limb Salvage Alliance (SALSA) clinic of USC.
Her wound care career has spanned over 20 years in both short and long-term acute care, skilled nursing facilities, outpatient, home care and consulting. Dr. Woelfel is active in the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) and serves as the current vice president of the Academy of Clinical Electrophysiology & Wound Management (ACEWM). She also represents the APTA on the National Pressure Injury Advisory Panel (NPIAP).
Doctor of Physical Therapy, College of Saint Scholastica, 2015
Masters of Physical Therapy, Marquette University, 1999
Honors Bachelor of Arts, Marquette University, 1997
- Fernando ME, Woelfel SL, Perry D, Najafi B, Khan T, DuBourdieu C, Shin L, Armstrong DG. Dosing Activity and Returning to Pre-Ulcer Function in Diabetic Foot Remission: Patient Recommendations and Guidance from the Limb Preservation Consortium at USC and The National Rehabilitation Center at Rancho Los Amigos. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc2021; doi: https://doi.org/10.7547/20-166
- Woelfel SL. “Negative pressure wound therapy with instillation and dwell time used to treat pyoderma gangrenosum: A case report”. Wounds 32(12), 2020.
- Murphy GA, Woelfel SL, Armstrong DG. “What to put on (and what to take off) a wound: treating a chronic neuropathic ulcer with an autologous homologous skin construct, offloading and common sense.” Oxford Medical Case Reports, Issue 8, 2020.
- Rogers LC, Armstrong DG, Capotorto J, Fife CE, Garcis JR, Gelly H, Gurtner GC, Lavery LA, Marston W, Neville R, Nusgart M, Ravitz K, Woelfel S. “Wound center without walls: The new model of providing care during the COVID-19 pandemic”. Wounds 32(7), 2020.
- Khan T, Plotkin A, Magee GA, Shin L, Woelfel SL, Ziegler KR, Shih CD, Weaver FA, Armstrong DG, Rowe VL. “Functional ambulatory status as a potential adjunctive decision-making tool following wound, level of ischemia, and severity of foot infections assessment”. J Vasc Surg 1-9, 2020.
- Khan T, Shin L, Woelfel S, Rowe V, Wilson BL, Armstrong DG. “Building a Scalable Diabetic Limb Preservation Program: Four Steps to Success”. Diabetic Foot & Ankle 9(1): 1-5, 2018.