Scott Russell, PT, DPT, GCS, CCS
Assistant Professor of Clinical Physical Therapy
1540 Alcazar St., CHP 155,
Los Angeles, CA 90089-9006
Dr. Scott Russell is the lead physical therapist at the Keck Hospital of USC, specializing in the management of patients with cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases. A board-certified clinical specialist in geriatric and cardiovascular and pulmonary physical therapy, he teaches the Management of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Disease and Pathology of Cardiopulmonary Disease and General Medical Conditions courses in the doctor of physical therapy program. He is a member of the geriatric, acute care and cardiovascular and pulmonary sections of the American Physical Therapy Association.
Doctor of Physical Therapy, University of Southern California, 2002
Bachelor of Science, Exercise Science, Arizona State University, 1999
- Russell, SP. “Heart Rate Recovery: Determining the Effectiveness of Medical Therapies during Pulmonary Exacerbation.” Abstract acceptance and Poster presentation at The 26th Annual North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference, 2012.
- Russell, SP. “Heart rate variables attained from performance on the Three-Minute Step Test (3MST) were not associated with FEV1.” Abstract acceptance with Poster and Platform presentation at The 27th Annual North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference in a symposium titled “Exercise is more than sweat,” 2013.
- Russell, SP, and Salem G. Yoga, “Improved posture and physical performance in adult persons with Cystic Fibrosis.” Abstract acceptance and Poster and Platform presentation at The 28th Annual North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference in a workshop titled “Musculoskeletal Issues in CF,” 2014.
- Russell, SP, and Irizarry, N. “Targeted Exercise During CF Exacerbation: Long Term Implications.” Presented at The 28th Annual North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference in a Caregivers Session, 2014
- Russell, SP. “Fully Alive: Physical Activity, Exercise, and Yoga for Cystic Fibrosis.” Presented at the Cystic Fibrosis Research Institute 28th National Cystic Fibrosis Family Education Conference “Partners in Progress” July 31-August 2, 2015 in Redwood City, CA.