Associate Professor of Clinical Physical Therapy
1640 Marengo Street, HRA 102 Los Angeles, CA 90033
Dr. Robbin Howard practices at USC Physical Therapy at the Health Sciences Campus (HSC), the division’s faculty practice. She specializes treating patients with vestibular- and neurologic-related disorders.
Dr. Howard is board-certified by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties as a Neurologic Clinical Specialist (NCS). She is a member of the Neurology Section of the American Physical Therapy Association and the California Physical Therapy Association.
Dr. Howard had been involved with a research involving interventions for patients after stroke and evidenced-based practice. Additionally, she has been an invited speaker at several local and national conferences.
- Master of Business Administration, University of Southern California, 2018
- Neurologic Physical Therapy Residency, University of Southern California and Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center, 2003
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, University of Southern California, 2002
- Bachelor of Arts, Biology, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI), 1998
- Howard R, Matthews D. “Balance and Falls Chapter.” In: Davenport T, Kulig K, Sebelski C, Gordon J, Watts H. editors. Diagnosis for Physical Therapists: A Symptom-Based Approach. FA Davis; 2012.
- Sullivan KJ, Hershberg J, Howard R, Fisher BE. “NeurologicDifferential Diagnosis for Physical Therapy.” Journal of Neurological Physical Therapy: 2004; 28:162-168.
- Howard R, Hershberg J. (accepted for publication). “Physical Therapy Management Process (PTMaP)”; In: Sullivan, KF, Ryerson S. Neurologic Physical Therapy: A Process Oriented Approach to Movement Rehabilitation, F.A. Davis, Inc.