1540 Alcazar St., CHP 155, Los Angeles, CA 90089-9006
Dr. Lorena Martin’s interests include integrating physiology, psychology, sports science and statistical analysis to improve performance. Her research focuses on sports performance, sports science, exercise physiology, sports analytics and health disparities. Prior to joining USC, she was the director of high performance for a Major League Baseball team and was the former director of sports performance analytics for the Los Angeles Lakers. In addition, in her spare time, Dr. Martin is a sports performance consultant.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, GIS Spatial Analysis, University of California San Diego, 2016
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Biostatistics, University of California San Diego, 2015
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Epidemiology, University of California San Diego, 2014
- Exercise Physiology, University of Miami, 2013
- Master of Science, Mental Health Counseling, Nova Southeastern University, 2009
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, University of Miami, 2005
- Perry AC, & Martin L. (2014). Race differences in obesity and its relationship to the sex hormone milieu. Hormone Molecular Biology and Clinical Investigation, 19(3):151-161.
- Larsen B, Martin L, Strong DR. (2014). Sedentary behaviors and prevalent diabetes in a diverse population. Journal of Public Health, pp. 1–7.
- Martin L, Signorile JF, Kahn BE, Perkins AW, Soyeon A, & Perry AC. (2015). Improving exercise adherence and physical measures in English-speaking Latina women. Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities.
- Perry AC, & Martin L. (2015). Redefining the Metabolic Syndrome: Contribution of inflammatory and steroidal antecedents. Medical Research Archives. Vol.2 No.9, pp19-25.
- Diaz-Roman Y, Martin L, Becerra BJ, & Sears DD. (2016). Ethnic disparity in diabetes self-management class utilization, behavioral risk factors surveillance system 2012. Integrative diabetes and cardiovascular diseases, 1(1), 23-28.
- Martin L, Martin Jr JJ. (2016) Sports Injuries: prevention and rehabilitation in tennis, 2nd Edition, McGraw-Hill Publishers. (Chapter 3).
- Martin, L. (2016) Sports Performance Measurement and Analytics: The science of assessing performance, predicting future outcomes, interpreting statistical models, and evaluating the market value of athletes. 1st Edition, Pearson Publishers.
- Martin, L. (2019). Sports Science Data Protocol. Sports and Exercise Medicine Open Journal.