Assistant Professor of Clinical Physical Therapy
1540 Alcazar St., CHP 155, Los Angeles, CA 90089-9006
Marisa Perdomo specializes in orthopedics, manual therapy, primarily oncology and cancer rehabilitation. She is also an active member of the APTA, section member: oncology and orthopedics. She is the chair of the Education Task Force for oncology specialization and is the team leader for writing clinical practice guidelines for cancer-related lymphedema.
- Fellowship in Education and Leadership, University of Southern California, 2008
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, University of Southern California, 2004
- Master of Science, Biokinesiology, University of Southern California, 2003
- Bachelor of Science, Physical Therapy, West Virginia University, 1983
- Perdomo, M. “Atlas of Wounds and Integumentary Disorders, Chapter 5: Lymphedema Publication 2014 McGraw-Hill, New York, New York
- Perdomo, M., Davies, C., Levenhagen, K., Ryans, K. “Breast Cancer EDGE Task Force Outcomes: Assessment Measures of Secondary Lymphedema in Breast Cancer Survivors.” Rehabilitation Oncology, 2014;32(1 ): 22-35.
- Davies, C., Ryans, K., Levenhagen, K., Perdomo, M. “Breast Cancer EDGE Task Force Outcomes: Quality of Life and Functional Outcome Measures for Secondary Lymphedema in Breast Cancer Survivors.” Rehabilitation Oncology, 2014;32(1 ): 7-12.
- Perdomo, M. Diagnosis for Physical Therapist: A Symptom Based Approach Chapter 38: Edema Chapter 39: Case Demonstration: Edema and Shoulder Pain Publication 2013 F.A. Davis Company, Philadelphia, PA
- Perdomo, M., Davis, C., Sebelski, C. “Oncology Section EDGE Task Force on Breast Cancer Outcomes: Shoulder and Glenohumeral Outcome Measures.” Rehabilitation Oncology, 2013;30(4): 19-26.
- Perdomo, M., Sebelski, C. Diagnosis for the Physical Therapists: A Symptom-Based Approach Chapter 38: Differential Diagnosis of Edema Chapter 39: Case Demonstration: Edema and Shoulder Pain Published 2012 F. A. Davis
- Konecne, S. M., Perdomo, M. “Lymphedema in the Elderly: A Special Needs Population.” Topics in Geriatric Rehabilitation, 2004;20(2):98-111.