Associate Chair and Associate Professor of Clinical Physical Therapy
1540 Alcazar St., CHP 155, Los Angeles, CA 90089-9006
Cheryl Resnik is an associate chair and associate professor of clinical physical therapy and director of community outreach. She oversees the pro bono USC Fit Families clinic, which is dedicated to wellness and prevention for the local community. She has a long history of leadership in the profession, including serving as president of the California Physical Therapy Association and vice president of two sections. In the classroom, Dr. Resnik incorporates mindfulness meditation and motivational interviewing as both personal and clinical skills for first-year doctoral physical therapy students.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, University of Southern California, 1997
- Master of Science, Health Care Management, California State University – Los Angeles, 1990
- Bachelor of Science, Physical Therapy, University of Maryland, 1974
- Wise HH, Frost JS, Resnik C, Davis BP, IglarshZA, “Interprofessional Education: An Exploration in Physical Therapist Education,” J Phys Ther Educ .2015;29(2):72-83.
- Reilly JM, Aranda M, Segal-Gidan F, Halle A, Han PP, Harris P,Jordan MK, Mulligan R, Resnik C, Tsai K, WilliamsB, Cousineau MR, “Assessment of Student Interprofessional Education (IPE) Training for Team-Based Geriatric Home Care: Does IPE Training Change Students’ Knowledge and Attitudes?” Home Health Care Services Quarterly, 33:4, 177-193, 2014.
- Zigler JE, Resnik CD, Carroll L, Ramirez A, Atkins MS, Thompson L, Rehabilitation, In Spine Trauma, 2nd Edition, Zigler, Eismont, Garfin, Vaccaro, Eds.,AAOS, 2011.
- Resnik C, “Communicating with Skill, In Management and Supervisory Principles for Physical Therapists,” 3rd ed, Nosse and Friberg, Eds., Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2009.
- Baum K, Resnik C, Wu J, Roey S, “Implementing Change in Health Professions Education: Stakeholder Analysis and Coalition Building.” J Vet Med Educ. 34(2), 2007:79-84.
- Davenport TE, Kulig K, Resnik C. “Diagnosing pathology to decide the appropriateness of physical therapy: What’s our role?” J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2006;36(1):1-2.
- Davenport TE, Watts HG, Kulig K, Resnik C. “Current status and correlates of physicians’ referral diagnoses for physical therapy.” J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2005;35(9):572-579.
- Kovacek P, Hack L, Hillyer D, Iglarsh ZA, Nosse L, Powers D, Resnik C. “Leadership, Administration and Management Preparation: A White Paper,” The Resource, Vol 29, No. 1, 8-13, 1999