Scott Russell, PT, DPT, GCS, CCS
Instructor of Clinical Physical Therapy
(323) 442-5363 Email:
1540 Alcazar St., CHP 155, Los Angeles, CA 90089-9006
Dr. Scott P. Russell is an Instructor of Physical Therapy in the USC Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy and practices at Keck Hospital of USC. He is the lead physical therapist at Keck Hospital specializing in the management of patients with cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases. Dr. Russell is a Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Geriatric and Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Physical Therapy. He is an Instructor in the Management of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Disease and Pathology of Cardiopulmonary Disease and General Medical Conditions in the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at the University of Southern California. He is a member Geriatric, Acute Care, and Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Sections of the American Physical Therapy Association
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA; Doctor of Physical Therapy, 2002.
- Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ; Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science, 1999.
- Russell, SP. Heart Rate Recovery: Determining the Effectiveness of Medical Therapies during Pulmonary Exacerbation. Abstract acceptance and Poster presentation at The 26th Annual North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference, 2012.
- Russell, SP. Heart rate variables attained from performance on the Three-Minute Step Test (3MST) were not associated with FEV1. Abstract acceptance with Poster and Platform presentation at The 27th Annual North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference in a symposium titled “Exercise is more than sweat,” 2013.
- Russell, SP, and Salem G. Yoga improved posture and physical performance in adult persons with Cystic Fibrosis. Abstract acceptance and Poster and Platform presentation at The 28th Annual North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference in a workshop titled “Musculoskeletal Issues in CF,” 2014.
- Russell, SP, and Irizarry, N. Targeted Exercise During CF Exacerbation: Long Term Implications. Presented at The 28th Annual North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference in a Caregivers Session, 2014
- Russell, SP. Fully Alive: Physical Activity, Exercise, and Yoga for Cystic Fibrosis. Presented at the Cystic Fibrosis Research Institute 28th National Cystic Fibrosis Family Education Conference “Partners in Progress” July 31st to August 2nd 2015 in Redwood City, CA.
© USC Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy