Robbin Howard, DPT, NCS
Assistant Professor of Clinical Physical Therapy
1640 Marengo Street, HRA 102 Los Angeles, CA 90033
Dr. Howard is an Assistant Professor of Clinical PhysicalTherapy in the USC Division of Biokinesiology and PhysicalTherapy. She practices at USC Physical Therapy Associates, afaculty practice, located at the Health Sciences Campus (HSC). She specializes treating patients with vestibular andneurologic related disorders.
Dr. Howard is board certified by the American Board of PhysicalTherapy Specialties as a Neurologic Clinical Specialist (NCS). She is a member of the Neurology Section of the AmericanPhysical Therapy Association (APTA) and the California PhysicalTherapy Association (CPTA).
Dr. Howard had been involved with a research involvinginterventions for patients after stroke and evidenced-basedpractice. Additionally, she has been an invited speaker atseveral local and national conferences.
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA and RanchoLos Amigos National Rehabilitation Center; Certificate inNeurological Clinical Residency, 2003
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA; Doctor ofPhysical Therapy, 2002
- Purdue University at Indianapolis University Purdue Universityat Indianapolis (IUPUI); Bachelor of Arts, Biology, 199
Memberships in Professional Organizations
American Physical Therapist Association (APTA)
Neurology Section Member
California Physical Therapy Association (CPTA)
- Howard R, Matthews D. Balance and Falls Chapter. In: Davenport T, Kulig K, Sebelski C, Gordon J, Watts H. editors. Diagnosis for Physical Therapists: ASymptom-Based Approach. FA Davis; 2012.
- Sullivan KJ, Hershberg J, Howard R, Fisher BE. NeurologicDifferential Diagnosis for Physical Therapy. Journal ofNeurological Physical Therapy: 2004; 28:162-168.
- Howard R, Hershberg J. (accepted for publication). Physical Therapy Management Process (PTMaP); In: Sullivan, KF, Ryerson S. Neurologic Physical Therapy: AProcess Oriented Approach to Movement Rehabilitation, F.A. Davis,Inc.
© USC Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy