Erin Hayden, PT, DPT, OCS
Instructor of Clinical Physical Therapy
Engemann Health Center 1031 W. 34th Street, Suite 450, Los Angeles, CA 90089-3261
Dr. Erin Hayden is an Instructor of Clinical Physical Therapy in the USC Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy. She practices at USC Physical Therapy Associates - University Park Campus, a faculty practice of the Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy, and specializes in treating orthopedic, sports and performing arts related injuries. She is on a development team at USC to establish an injury prevention and wellness program for performing artists. She completed an orthopedic residency at USC in 2007 and is certified by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialists as an Orthopedic Clinical Specialist.
Dr. Hayden teaches in the entry-level DPT program. Courses include Therapeutic Application of Physical Agents and Basics of Patient Management. She enjoys clinical education and mentoring students through out their 3 years in the program. She is also a faculty mentor in the USC Orthopedic and Sports residency programs. In addition, she has been a guest instructor for the musculoskeletal examination labs for the Introduction to Clinical Medicine course at USC Keck School of Medicine.
Dr. Hayden has been an active member of the California PhysicalTherapy Association (CPTA) and was awarded the CPTA Rising StarAward in 2012. She has served on several committees of the GreaterLos Angeles District of the CPTA, including District Chair from 2014-2015. She is also involved in the California Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy Special Interest Group (COMPTSIG) and has had the privilege of being the COMPTSIG newsletter editor for several years and the COMPTSIG Vice Chairperson in 2015. She has also been as an Item Writer for the Specialization Academy of Content Experts and a California Delegate to the American Physical Therapy Association House of Delegates in 2015. Dr. Hayden takes her passion for promoting active communities to multiple volunteer activities including adaptive skiing with the Los Angeles Chapter of Disabled Sports USA and Special Olympic
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA; Orthopedic Physical Therapy Residency
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA; Doctor of Physical Therapy
- University of Colorado, Boulder, CO; Bachelor of Arts, Kinesiology; Bachelor of Arts, Music.
- Medical Problems of Performing Artists Symposium, July 2010.Physiological Characteristics of Jazz Guitarists. Sheila C. Woodward, Ph D, Erin M. Hayden, DPT,Jonathan C. Sum, DPT, John L. Fresen, Ph D, Janice C. Ying, DPT,Jacquelyn M. Dylla, DPT.
- Healthy Approaches in the Training of Performing Artists Conference, September 2015. Nerve Entrapment Syndromes in the Upper Extremities: A Case-Based Approach to Understanding and Treating Playing-Related Injuries Amongst Instrumental Musicians.
© USC Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy